Sunday, December 12, 2010

I arrived in Sierra Leone! God is good! With only a 2 hour delay I had no other problems with my flights! I was actually quite blessed with the presence of great company on my flights! I got to talk with several people like Sau, Joni, and a few others about their families, their jobs, their faith, and more. I also got the chance to talk about the Hope for Children program. I arrived in the city around midnight and was greeted by Gwen and Micky. They welcomed me and embraced me. It was comforting to meet two of the people I will be staying with. Sad to learn though that Micky was only here till Sunday. She is already well missed! We arrived back at the house where after a small tour I picked a room and shortly collapsed into a sleep. Saturday I awoke and joined Micky on the porch that has a beautiful view of some of the city. We enjoyed one another's company the past few days. In late morning we meet with Sarah, Sarah, and Liz. The 5 of us drove out into the country and then walked about an hour and a half each way to see a beautiful waterfall. It was a comfort from God to have seen this beauty and have time to relax. I am very blessed to be easing into the city, the culture, and way of living by experiencing so much beauty and so many kind people. Later that night I was missing family and friends greatly. Gwen told me she had wireless internet and my heart did a little leap! God is so good! Not that I need internet at home all the time but to be able to talk with family and friends at night is such a great blessing. I am so grateful for those who God has surrounded me with here and all the encouragement I am getting from back home. I know that without God I would not be here nor could I do this with my own strength. I have been reading the bible every chance I get for God is the only one who can work himself through me here. I know I do not have the strength to myself. I am constantly reminded in His word in Isaiah that He is my Comforter and my Strength! When Israel turned away from God he remained constant, remained there for whenever his people needed him. Well I need Him now and the same has held true that He is there and he HAS and will CONTINUE to COMFORT me and give me strength. In His Grace,
Jaimie
With So much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment