Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2 Corinthians 12:9

My prayer this week was to build relationships with the kids I work with and to discover more of life from their perspective. I enjoyed attempting to pound rice, eating a palm nut (apparently eating it incorrectly), and toting water, though it was more like spilling water all over myself.  I am glad the children got a laugh out of my experiences and I enjoyed joining them in their laughter and thankful that they were encouraging through it. Though I think they were grateful when I let them take over the task again because I am pretty sure I was not of any help to them.
Wonder if God sometimes looks at us foolishly trying to do things ourselves instead of trusting in his expertise. Yet what a patient God we serve that doesn’t turn away from us during those times when we think we don’t need him. I crave to have my weaknesses filled through him. Often I focus more on those weaknesses being a disadvantage and sometimes come to God with a poor attitude, wondering why he gave me so many weaknesses. Yesterday I have heard his voice crying out to me that my weakness can be made perfect in him.  2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
Any gifts he has given to me are to bring him glory but how much more so would I recognize him in all his glory when he works through my weaknesses to show his strength! 

1 comment: